Cloud computing is on demand transmission of computing service like database, storage, servers, software and IT resources through a cloud service provider platforms by the internet with pay as you go pricing. These computing services are offered by companies are called cloud provider. With cloud computing you do not need to invest the large amount of money in hardware and waste a lot of time on pick up the heavy hardware. You can access number of resources as your demand and only spend money for what you use. Presently, you adopt the cloud service but you do not realize these services. If you use the online services to watch movies, playing games, uploading pictures and listening songs and so on that cloud computing idea is running behind these. There are many cloud computing tools are available on internet such that KVM (Kernel Based Virtual Machine), Deltacloud, Eucalyptus OpenNebula and so on.
Best advantages of cloud computing:
- Cloud computing reduce the expense of purchasing the hardware, software and managing the infrastructure.
- Cloud computing services are given on demand, with just a few mouse clicks and providing lot of flexibility in business.
- Cloud computing provide the right amount of IT resources like storage, bandwidth (when it is needed).
- Cloud computing remove the need for many of racking and stacking tasks on datacenters so the IT companies achieving more important goals with in time.
- Cloud computing gives services like data backup, disaster recovery, because data can be copied at multiple sites on the cloud provider network.
Types of cloud computing services
The cloud computing services is categorized into three parts: Infrastructure as a service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (Paas) and Software as a Service (SaaS).
- Infrastructure as a service (IaaS): It provides virtualized computer resources and services on internet. Most companies choose IaaS because it provide faster, simpler and cost effective to operate workload without having purchase, install, configure and manage necessary infrastructure. It also offers additional resources like Virtual machine (VM) disk image library, raw block storage, firewall, load balancers and Virtual Local Area networks (VLANs)
- Platform as a Service (Paas): it provides complete deployment environment allowing customer to develop, execute and mange software without the complexity of making and managing the infrastructure and launching an application. Using PaaS there is no need to invest in physical infrastructure. PaaS offer the all capabilities that you need to uphold the complete web application lifecycle. PaaS also provide the data, recovery and backup security. Virtual Data Centre (VDC) is unique award winning platform.
- Software as a Service (SaaS): It allows the user to use the cloud based application over the internet. SaaS remove the demand for company to install and run software on their own computer system or datacenters. It decreases the all expenditure of hardware, maintenance and software licensing. Rather than buying the new application, SaaS provide to automatically perform updates. User can access the SaaS application over the internet from any internet enabled device and locations. It is nearly refer to the ASP (Application Service Provider) and on demand computing software delivery model.